My imagination is a monastery and I am its monk. John Keats
It was February of 2017 that I had written my last post on this blog, it’s been a long time coming, 20 Months to be Precise. This Period Presented itself with New Challenges, New learnings, New Accomplishments , New Failures , Moreover it Reaffirmed strongly the already gained belief system of mine which is to live the life of an empathic Monk in today’s Civil World.
The functioning of today’s world stopped making sense to me a long time back and with avid interest in Quantum Mechanics, Knowledge on the working of the Universe I only have found it less interesting to contribute towards its working. The universe tested me at different fronts in the past 20 months and while I enjoyed many happy moments and achieved many feats of success, I was tested for my patience, for my Faith in my Desires and on occasions where I struggled maintaining my Habitual Positive thinking I suffered great Failures, goes to show there’s still a long way to go in obtaining true control over self. This constant Tussle between the success and failures always confronted me with the same Questions again and again.
Do I really Wanna Continue? Is it really the meaning of Life? How long will I be able to Continue Living my life in this manner of isolation?
A Monk is some one who decides to dedicate his life to the serving of others or to be an ascetic who voluntarily chooses to leave mainstream society and live his or her life in prayer and contemplation. Here the talk is about people who are living within the mainstream society and have chose to practice Monk living in the civil World. For some one with a Monk like living Mindset, the desire to be able to help and contribute in the living of others supersedes his/her any other desires. That Intent of putting needs of others before theirs and understanding them is also a key characteristic of an Empath. Firstly , very few have the courage and the determination in today’s modern world to even give a thought to have such a living and only numbered few decide to put their desire of Monk Living in Practice.
For Such people (Myself Included) it is a daunting task because we have been taught of a world that comprises of sheer competitiveness and where you lay the stepping stone of success on top of other people’s failures. It is a conflict of Mindset to what was taught by the society and the world against the Mindset which you now have consciously attained or you have been blessed with by the Universe where you see the world and its operations with a completely different set of Glasses
I hope these lessons present themselves to be of immense help to anyone who is struggling to make sense of this World with their newly Found Enlightenment. For the purpose of the blog i’ll try and keep the content short but you’ll get the idea. These hold good in getting out of the RAT Race. If you are in the RAT Race then you already are part of the 99 % so it’s gonna take some time for you to get out of it. Remember ROME wasn’t built in a day.
- Emotional Disconnect : Your new Found Enlightenment would bring with it an emotional Disconnect of yours from the obvious materialistic desires you might previously have had. No such desire would excite anymore. The fact that the desire of helping others will become your first nature will also at times turn out to be reason of disappointment for you. With time and understanding you would need to practice emotional disconnect not just with things but with people as well, as this would help you stay out of the realms of feeling disappointed in others. Empaths also have a hard time being understood. This isolation will empower you to fuel and channel your emotions in a more focussed way.
- Winning Over Loneliness : Well, like many say, it’s always Lonely at the top. Why you should expect and accept Loneliness is because without mastering and being comfortable in living with your own company you cannot attain higher level of consciousness. An Elevated conscious Mind is not bound by age or sex. A 12 yr old can be an ancient thinker and a 90 yr old can be as childish and unaware. Remember, you are on a path which very few dare to travel on so don’t be afraid if you don’t find any company while your striving to reach your destination. The entire Universe resides within you. You are self sufficient in your own mystical ways. When in Doubt or afraid, look within.
- Dropping Expectation : The goodness in you will always make you trust people and have expectations from them. Most likely it would be crushed and crushed again till you finally decide to drop your expectations from others. Our Minds are subconsciously wired to have expectations. It will be a great struggle for you to rewire that working of your Mind and not expect anything in return for the good you give to others. This would be a very Powerful experience for you and it would surely push you more steadily in the realms of Self Sufficiency so Cheer on !!!
- Developing a Positive Mindset : This is the most important practice that you would need to discipline your self into. You are what you think. If you think you are weak or if you think you are strong , both are true. Here comes into play the knowledge of how the universe works. Your thoughts are things just like your finger or your arms. You experience circumstances, meet people all based on your daily habitual thinking. You attract what you think. Any thought if held with constant focus for more than 13 sec starts to manifest itself. NEVER EVER HAVE A NEGATIVE THOUGHT. Train your Mind to see the positive in every thing.
- The Mind Body and Spirit Connect : The whole idea of attaining a higher level consciousness is based on the understanding that we all are one and that there is no disconnect. Operating as separate entities with individual vibrations of energy yet part of the one divine Consciousness. This understanding can only be experienced once you are able to make sense of the connection with your Mind,Body and Spirit. Your Body is like a temple where the divine spirt of your’s reside with Mind being the tool responsible for guiding you towards conscious elevation.
- Using the GOLD Mine : Every one of us have a Gold mine within us. It has the answers to all our questions, it has the power to heal all our diseases, it has the power to cure us from all negative ailments, it’s resources are never ending, it’s fitted inside us by the divine Entity itself. It’s know as the “Subconscious Mind”. I highly recommend that everyone read ” Power of the Subconscious Mind” by Joseph Murphy. You will be amazed. We make use of our Subconscious Mind from the moment we have our first breath. Understanding the workings of the Subconscious Mind and getting it to work positively for you is gonna be hugely challenging yet worth a million.
- Acknowledge “Money” as Blessing : It is a common belief embedded by our society in our Minds that too much Money is the source of the evil. Money is not the Evil. It is the lack of the ability of the human kind to make good of that Money that the evil resides in. Our minds have gone corrupt. Living with a Monk like Mindset doesn’t mean you have to give up Money or any other blessing that the universe has blessed you with. You should get rid of any and all such thoughts related to Money out of your Mind and instead focus on how you can contribute towards helping the needful with your Monetary Blessings.
- Financial Independence is the Way out : With acknowledging the thought of Money Being a Blessing your priority should be to become Financially Independent, If you not already are. Fact of the matter is Freedom in today’s world is an illusion. You can only attain true freedom in today’s civil world by attaining Financial Freedom for your self and your family. When financially Free, you don’t have to exchange your time for a piece of worthless paper anymore. You are only free when you have time at your disposal to do things which you wish to do and invest in things that you seek. You must seek Financial Independence from the universe to be able to invest more of your time towards experiencing Spiritual and conscious enlightenment as a Monk.
- Avoid the Infection : There would be numerous Experience’s with people which you might find to be over whelming and exhausting. Yes.. being too good to too many and trying to save everyone will get you in trouble. You need to understand that most people ask for help but they don’t wish to work towards the solution being proposed. Such people are nothing less than an Infection. At some point their negative outlook of things and their stubborn attitude to not confront their problems will negatively only affect you. Be alert in identifying such people when you encounter them and peacefully distance yourself from them.
- Keep the Guilt Away : ohh you Stupid Empath Monk don’t feel guilty about your actions. You did your best in your efforts to help so and so and you tried so many times and yet the person ended up in experiencing pain which you were trying to protect him/her from. Like I stated previously some people are like infection left best at their own fate, while some genuinely end up at the wrong side of the affairs even after all your efforts to help. The good in you will always push you to help others in any manner that you possibly can but learn to not feel guilty about yourself when the other person still ends up in a miserable situation.
- Practice Self Forgiveness : One of the best ways to keep the guilt at check is by practicing self Forgiveness. Remember, you have consciously chosen to practice living by Monk like Mindset in this civil world therefore you would encounter people and situations which would overpower you or you might as well end up performing actions not to your conscious liking’s of being a Monk. In any of such situations your consciousness would strike immediately and tell you whether you did the right thing or not. You have to learn to let go and not hold yourself guilty and be suppressed in any negative thoughts and blame yourself for things which might not have gone your way. Forgive Yourself !!!
- Turn to the Universe : On this path you will have plenty of time to be all by yourself. The best way to make use of it is by submitting yourself to the universe. What that means is it’s ok to not know everything and it’s ok to not know the “How”. I have such a desire but i don’t know how am i gonna do it? Never stress and dwell upon the “HOW”. Your should always turn your requests and desires to the Universe. All you need to contribute towards it is your unshakable faith which then generate a power of belief which brings the answers to the questions of “HOW”.
- Expect to be Ridiculed : This Shouldn’t be surprising. Not many will be able to relate to your thoughts and the conversations that interests you. You are a person who seek enlightenment both spiritual and conscious in a world dominated by people who are driven by greed, anger and disgust. You should be prepared to be treated and viewed differently and also Ridiculed by the civil world. Accept it and Laugh it off 😀
- Establish the Order Within : Mastering the quality of Self Discipline. Period. You would need to develop self discipline towards your daily habitual thought process of your Mind , being aware of your actions, being disciplined towards the choice of words that come out of your mouth, maintaining self control over your emotions. You should not be in a state where your thoughts are one thing and your actions another.
- Flow With the Energy : You should restrict yourself against Forcing anything. Every time you try to force something into existence you disconnect yourself from the universal Energy Flow. Observe the thoughts you are entertaining in your Mind and you most likely will discover the reasons as to why you are unable to achieve your desired results.
- Strengthen Your Mind – Meditate: What do Monks do Best or What do they spend Most of their time in their life spans – Mediation. The More Ideal Question Should be WHY do they Meditate? Meditation is not just an exercise as it’s profoundly spoken of. It’s an ancient Practice designed to fine tune our Minds to higher consciousness. It would be in your best interest to treat it as such and with a continuous practice of it you would experience that your Mind has switched to a different frequency and you would question why you didn’t start doing it earlier.
- Focussed Vision : It’s not an easy path to follow which you have stepped on. There will be ‘n’ # of distraction’s, you might question your decision a million times, you might wanna go back to the old ways as well. However contemplating all these questions would only be a waste of energy and time. You Should utilize the power of you Imagination/visualization during your meditation sessions to remain grounded and maintain the focus of your vision which led you to start on the Path and you should seek the end destination to keep moving forward.
- Law of the Universe – Law of Karma : They Say there are two eternal laws of our Modern Lives that we cannot escape from, Death and Taxes. However the eternal law of karma Holds precedence over it. The thing about this law is that no matter where you go, even beyond death , it always finds your address and you have to pay with interest if need be. In times when you are being ridiculed or when you might have done either a good or a bad deed your best response should be to own up to your actions, self forgive if need be and let karma take its course.
- Give Back to the Universe : The Universe has always said yes to you even when you thought it wasn’t listening to you. It gave you eyes beyond your normal two human eyes and showed you world in a different perspective. It made you among the very few enlightened beings on this Planet. You need to ask yourself In what ways can i contribute back and add value to other people’s lives while I am still breathing on this earthly Plane. The more you give back constructively, the more it’s gonna come back to you and empower you.
- Striking Balance : Even though you are striving towards spiritual enlightenment and conscious awareness, never abandon your civil duties. The thought to turn a pure monk rather than a civil monk might contemplate you mind many times and may be you might eventually choose that path, however, till the moment that you have not convinced yourself of living the life of a traditional Monk you do not have the right to hold the lives of other people dependent on you to hostage. You would need to strike a balance between your efforts of raising conscious awareness/spiritual enlightenment and maintaining civil/worldly relations.
Stay Safe , Stay Blessed
Do good and good will follow you
Ps: Thank you for visiting EximiposPost.com we hope the content of the post added value to your reading. Support our mission by sharing this post on your social media platforms like, Facebook and Twitter. Also Like our Facebook Page and subscribe to our mailing list for instant updates on our new posts.